An outline of additional accounting-related courses offered at City School is provided below. Please call us or download the brochure for further information if you have questions about any of the subjects.
Hands-on Practical Accountancy Training in Accounts Preparation
A must-have knowledge for all students of Accounting
Students are given hands-on practical training in Accounts preparation from the Trial Balance to statutory accounts. This is not a theoretical or textbook course.
Who is it for?
It is for those who are studying for an accounting qualification or have finished their studies, (professional qualifications or degree) but have never worked in an accounting environment. No knowledge is assumed and starts from scratch.
NOTE: This course is divided into three parts as follows:
What You will learn:
♦ Sage Line 50
♦ VT Bookkeeping
♦ Accounts preparation from Trial Balance
– Opening Trial Balance
– Explaining the importance of coding in Accounts preparation
– Importing Trial Balance from Sage Line 50
– Further Journals in Final Accounts preparation
– Accounts and Prepayments and cut-off procedures
– Trial Balance
– Profit and Loss Account and Balance Sheet
– File building — how to build an audit file for Partner/Manager Review
– How to reference the file to facilitate its review
♦ Building and referencing accounts file for partners review
♦ Corporation Tax
♦ Self Assessment Tax Returns
♦ Company Annual Returns
Duration of the course: 6 Months. Cost £2000